Friday, July 11, 2008

Pest control needed


You would think that I being a pest control salesman, wouldn't have a bug problem ... unfortunately I do.  For the summer they put us up in brand new apartments, but after about two weeks I saw my first cockroach. Since then there has been a gradual increase in bugs, until now we have tons of ants all over the place - in the bathroom, in the kitchen, and worst of all in my laundry. It's pretty gross. I guess it wouldn't be too difficult just to have one of our technicians who parks their truck here anyway come over and spray around. The ironic thing is that our apartments are contracted out to ABC Pest control, so we can call them and they will come and do it - that would be funny. 
Anyway ... About the ants in the laundry, I went to wash my clothes and I saw what most have been about 50 - 100 ants crawling all over my clothes in my laundry basket. The weird part was that they weren't just one type of ant - there were big ants, small ants, and worst of all ... fire ants. Well I didn't really know what to do to get rid of them so I just threw them in the washer anyway. When they were done being washed I could still see some of them on my clothes, so I just threw them in the dryer and my clothes came out ant free ... the lint collector thing apparently collects ants off of clothes too. Unfortunately my camera doesn't have any batteries so i couldn't take any pictures of the real ants, so these internet ones will have to do.

5 comments:

Diana said...

That's is awful! I am glad that the dryer took care of them, but still! haha

AJ and Cindy said...

hahahaha that is so funny tha tyou just washed them like that, good idea though!

Katie said...

thats so gross! yuck! I think ants are so disgusting..specially on your clothes!! You should go buy some batteries for your camera silly

Annie said...

Oh, fire ants! I hate them! You wouldn't want to walk around with those ants in your pants.

Did you know I used to live in Houston? We'll have to swap stories sometime. That is one crazy place!

Babzanne Barker said...

Daniel--make sure you don't bring any of those ants with you in your suitcase when you come home!! And you should definitely call ABC or one of your guys to come in and get rid of them for you. Yuck!